A Few Geeky Things
1) Facebook Page Insights: I recently wrote an article for Poynter about how the new Facebook page insights can help organizations do better testing and experimentation. Check out the article here: 5 Ways to Increase Engagement With Facebook’s New Page Insights.
2) Did you know that you cannot pin animated GIFs (or at least I can’t figure out how to do it). I learned this when I tried to pin the following gif. On Pinterest it’s just a static image. boo. hiss.
3) One of my favorite free social media services is making headlines today, Topsy! They announced that they’ve indexed tweets since 2006. Amazing. For Web editors/social media peeps you have to use Topsy when tracking hashtags. I used it for our Conference and found all kind of great data and information.
4) I have been listening to Turntable.fm recently and love it! It’s a pretty retro concept – you have a “chat room” with DJs and listeners. The DJs play some tunes and people can just listen (which is what I do) or you can chat with each other and the DJs. They have different “rooms,” but my favorite so far has been Indie While You Work. Test it out – it’s free.
About Stephanie Y.I'm a professional news writer in Frederick, Maryland. I blog at S.Y. Ciphers.
I am a digital editor currently in Silicon Valley (but pining for Frederick, Maryland). The S.Y. Ciphers blog came about as a result of my attention to details. You will read posts about the little discoveries I make covering a wide variety of topics, including journalism, traveling, health care, photography, Frederick, and more. Read more.
- An Android phone and when you don't have a Facebook account. Let's just say my real friends list is **very** curate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- I saw a reply the other day that said "this thread isn't for you, George" and now I just want to use that line always. 2 days ago
- "Remember that they're human beings with stories. Just like you." twitter.com/nowthisnews/st… 3 days ago
- RT @Coffee_House_: Thank you to everyone who has ordered a copy of Valeria Luiselli's urgent TELL ME HOW IT ENDS for $5. This sale ends ton… 3 days ago
- HI, MELANIA. HERE IS HOW YOU DO A HIDDEN MESSAGE. smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/m… https://t.co/pWzhXKKa7d 3 days ago