A Few Geeky Things
1) Facebook Page Insights: I recently wrote an article for Poynter about how the new Facebook page insights can help organizations do better testing and experimentation. Check out the article here: 5 Ways to Increase Engagement With Facebook’s New Page Insights.
2) Did you know that you cannot pin animated GIFs (or at least I can’t figure out how to do it). I learned this when I tried to pin the following gif. On Pinterest it’s just a static image. boo. hiss.
3) One of my favorite free social media services is making headlines today, Topsy! They announced that they’ve indexed tweets since 2006. Amazing. For Web editors/social media peeps you have to use Topsy when tracking hashtags. I used it for our Conference and found all kind of great data and information.
4) I have been listening to Turntable.fm recently and love it! It’s a pretty retro concept – you have a “chat room” with DJs and listeners. The DJs play some tunes and people can just listen (which is what I do) or you can chat with each other and the DJs. They have different “rooms,” but my favorite so far has been Indie While You Work. Test it out – it’s free.
About Stephanie Y.I'm a professional news writer in Frederick, Maryland. I blog at S.Y. Ciphers.
I am a professional news writer in Frederick, Maryland. The S.Y. Ciphers blog came about as a result of my attention to details. You will read posts about the little discoveries I make covering a wide variety of topics, including journalism, traveling, health care, photography, Frederick, and more. Read more.
- It's Monday. Who misses their dog yet? https://t.co/o8UtyziXZi 1 day ago
- Very useful air quality viz for those in the Bay Area. #northbayfires twitter.com/NWSBayArea/sta… 5 days ago
- Don't know what's better - this post by @annevclark or the fact that @TheRock tweeted it. 💯 twitter.com/TheRock/status… 6 days ago
- RT @s_m_i: so, a star. twitter.com/kantrowitz/sta… 1 week ago
- "This expanded list is meant to ensure that congressional Repubs never forget what they now condone in a president." nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 week ago