Quick Tip: How to Design a Header for the New Twitter Profile
I’ve been waiting for the new Twitter profile designs to roll out for a few weeks now and had a header image designed by my organization’s graphic design team and ready to upload. Twitter said the new graphic dimensions were 1500 x 500 pixels.
I was surprised yesterday when I uploaded the graphic and saw that both the top and bottom of our new header was cut off. So I did some checking and found out this:
Pro tip for new Twitter profile: They say it’s 1500 by 500, but it crops off a good chunk. Ultimately it’s 1500 x 385 that displays.
— Stephanie Yamkovenko (@S_Yamkovenko) April 23, 2014
Which means this: keep about 57.5 pixels of dead space on the top and bottom of your header graphic.
If you need help designing your header, check out this template I just made with the correct dimensions for the new Twitter profile header image. Click to download full size template.
About Stephanie Y.I'm a professional news writer in Frederick, Maryland. I blog at S.Y. Ciphers.
I am a professional news writer in Frederick, Maryland. The S.Y. Ciphers blog came about as a result of my attention to details. You will read posts about the little discoveries I make covering a wide variety of topics, including journalism, traveling, health care, photography, Frederick, and more. Read more.
- It's been overcast all day & I'm thankful. I now truly appreciate @SalmanRushdie's description of "the loud impolite orb blaring at her." 3 days ago
- Life advice: Do not turn your back to the ocean. twitter.com/NWSBayArea/sta… 3 days ago
- We are all Lulu. 3 days ago
- RT @dog_feelings: the human thinks. i won’t get excited. if they say. doubleyouayellkay. instead of. walk. but guess what. i am excited 4 days ago
- Tfw you have only a dozen pages left in a book that you don't want to end. https://t.co/uAwOUFBRFv 4 days ago