Quick Tip: How to Design a Header for the New Twitter Profile
I’ve been waiting for the new Twitter profile designs to roll out for a few weeks now and had a header image designed by my organization’s graphic design team and ready to upload. Twitter said the new graphic dimensions were 1500 x 500 pixels.
I was surprised yesterday when I uploaded the graphic and saw that both the top and bottom of our new header was cut off. So I did some checking and found out this:
Pro tip for new Twitter profile: They say it’s 1500 by 500, but it crops off a good chunk. Ultimately it’s 1500 x 385 that displays.
— Stephanie Yamkovenko (@S_Yamkovenko) April 23, 2014
Which means this: keep about 57.5 pixels of dead space on the top and bottom of your header graphic.
If you need help designing your header, check out this template I just made with the correct dimensions for the new Twitter profile header image. Click to download full size template.
About Stephanie Y.I'm a professional news writer in Frederick, Maryland. I blog at S.Y. Ciphers.
I am a professional news writer in Frederick, Maryland. The S.Y. Ciphers blog came about as a result of my attention to details. You will read posts about the little discoveries I make covering a wide variety of topics, including journalism, traveling, health care, photography, Frederick, and more. Read more.
- I'll always remember the time I asked my husband, "what does one do when one's hair is on fire?" And he calmly resp… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Hi, email peeps. Stop doing this: "Tell us how you feel about X" From field: noreply @ wedontreallycare dot com 12 hours ago
- My dog's instagram feed is 1 million times more exciting than my own tbh. instagram.com/bouvierbalth twitter.com/michelledean/s… 13 hours ago
- 10:50 a.m. That time when it's never clear if you should have another cup of coffee. 14 hours ago
- Exactly. Of all the organizations / individuals that could use a tax break, I'm going to say Amazon is not one of t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago